LAQ – What We Do!
Lymphoedema Association of Queensland Inc. was founded in 1989 by people with lymphoedema, health professionals, and supportive people. We support the establishment of local branches and support groups throughout Queensland.
We are a self-help organisation that offers support, information, and education to anyone affected by lymphoedema. We are a registered charity, and our funds are raised by membership fees, fundraising events, philanthropic trust, and tax-deductible donations.
We aim to:
- Provide support to people with lymphoedema.
- Provide accurate information and up to date education about the condition, treatment, programs, and self-help for people with lymphoedema and their carers.
- Increase public and health professional awareness of lymphoedema and how it affects people’s bodies and lives.
- Work towards the availability of better resources for the treatment of lymphoedema in Queensland.
- Liaise closely with interstate lymphoedema organisations and participate in national activities.
We offer our members:
- Up to date information on lymphoedema, its treatment, resources, and facilities.
- Contacts and support services
- Regular meetings with speakers on relevant topics, with opportunities for informal exchange of information and experience.
- Opportunities to participate in the management of the Association.
- Support group meetings.
- Quarterly newsletter Node News filled with helpful advice.